Friday, June 6, 2008

More on Jackson Hole

We posted a film showing a year in Jackson Hole a while back. I mentioned I used to head there three times a year. Considering fuel prices, I'm glad that I'm not surfing the United Airlines website looking for my plane tickets this Fall.

I have a bunch of friends that are fortunate enough to live there, and most own their own places. Looks like owning a home in Jackson will continue to get more and more difficult as "the billionaires push out the millionaires".

For more on this, here's a post on what Jackson's become, courtesy of the Mountain Culture Blog. Let's hope that in the future, that more than the rich can afford to live long term in great natural areas. I think we can check Jackson off as lost.
I’ve come to terms with the fact that I may never own a home here, and I may never even own a doorknob here.